This half day course looks at stress, which one of the main causes of illness in the modern world, and ways that you can cope with it. The session will:
• Increase your knowledge of stress and its causes
• Help you realise how short and long term stress affect your body
• Increase your knowledge of stress management techniques
• Increase your knowledge of sources of support
Course content includes:
• Definitions of stress
• How stress affects your body
• Some common stressors
• Short term and long term stress
• The body’s responses to stress
• Negative coping strategies
• Positive coping strategies
• Support for your mental health
Elaine Crosbie has three decades’ experience working in adult education with community learning and development, health improvement and mental health training. She is a qualified Scottish Mental Health First Aid trainer and her specialist area of work is developing and delivering mental health and wellbeing programmes.
This training is available as in-house or online training for your own staff
We will be happy to arrange an online or classroom session of this course for up to 12 of your staff, at a time that suits best for you. The costs can be as low as £25 per attendee. For a no-comitments chat contact us on email@example.com or call 07415 652 522
Tools and Techniques of Stress Management . '
"Just what I needed to get me out of this negative thinking"
152 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4TB