Upskilling Scotland's Civic Society
This half day course looks at stress, which one of the main causes of illness in the modern world, and ways that you can cope with it. The session will:
• Increase your knowledge of stress and its causes
• Help you realise how short and long term stress affect your body
• Increase your knowledge of stress management techniques
• Increase your knowledge of sources of support
Course content includes:
• Definitions of stress
• How stress affects your body
• Some common stressors
• Short term and long term stress
• The body’s responses to stress
• Negative coping strategies
• Positive coping strategies
• Support for your mental health
Elaine Crosbie has three decades’ experience working in adult education with community learning and development, health improvement and mental health training. She is a qualified Scottish Mental Health First Aid trainer and her specialist area of work is developing and delivering mental health and wellbeing programmes.
This training is available as in-house or online training for your own staff
We will be happy to arrange an online or classroom session of this course for up to 12 of your staff, at a time that suits best for you. The costs can be as low as £25 per attendee. For a no-comitments chat contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07415 652 522
Tools and Techniques of Stress Management . '
"Just what I needed to get me out of this negative thinking"
152 Bath Street, Glasgow G2 4TB
Wednesday, 4 October 2023
09.30 - 13.00
If you would like to chat with us about a course before booking email us at email@example.com or call us on 07415 652 522